Easy Vegetarian Ramen
Preparation time: 5 min.
Cooking time: 17min
Ingredients (2 people):
- 15 ml neutral oil (±1 tbsp)
- 5 ml sesame oil (±1 tsp)
- 5 ml ginger (minced) (±1 tsp)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 scallion (thinly sliced and separate white from green part)
- 145 g shitake mushrooms (±5 oz)
- 80 g baby bok choy (blanched) (±3 oz)
- 22 ml vegetable paste (±1½ tbsp)
- 15 ml sriracha or hot sauce (±1 tbsp)
- 15 ml rice wine vinegar (±1 tbsp)
- 60 ml tamarin or soy sauce (±3 tbsp)
- 240 g ramen noodles (±8.4 oz)
- For Serving
- 5 ml sesame oil (optional) (±1 tsp)
- 15 ml sesame seeds, black or white (divided for each bowl) (±1 tbsp)
- 2 eggs (soft-boiled*)
Heat both oils on medium-high heat in the Tupperware Mastro Cookware 5L/5.3QT Stockpot. Add minced ginger and garlic, and sliced white part of scallion (reserve green part for serving); sauté until fragrant, approx. 2-3 min. Do not brown garlic.
Add mushrooms to mixture and sauté until softened, approx. 1-2 min., stirring frequently.
Fill stockpot with water until 1.5L fill line, then add vegetable paste, sriracha, rice vinegar and soy sauce. Stir and bring to a simmer on high heat, approx. 8-10 min.
Add ramen noodles to simmering broth and allow to cook for approx. 2 min.
Transfer ramen into two bowls and serve with desired toppings.
*To cook the perfect soft-boiled egg, boil for 6 min. and run under cold water to stop the cooking process.